For individuals with hearing impairment or who are deaf:
- UbiDuo-Real time face-to-face communication for the deaf and hearing.
- Pocketalker PRO by Williams Sound – sound amplification device
- AT-216 Digitally Synthesized Wireless Auditory Assistance Kit by Comtek – wireless sound amplification device
- Leah Gardner, Director of the RLTT program has American Sign Language skills
- Various hand held magnification devices of varying magnification levels
- SenseView P430 Portable Magnifier
- CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) allows magnification up to 50 times of photo and text.
- MAGic (software program with speech) computer magnification program up to 16 times with screen reader speech output.
- JAWS (Job Accommodations With Speech) for Windows, screen reader for computer users who have no vision.
- Dolphin Supervona – portable screen magnification and screen reading software
- WinZoom – portable screen magnification and screen reading software
- Keys U See large print keyboard
- Intel Reader – Transforms printed text to the spoken word (temporary loan until 5/26/11)
- Adaptive Switch Labs Mouse Emulator evaluation pack – allows user computer access and mouse movement through proximity switches
- Various switches which can be mounted to accessed by hand, finger, elbow, knee, foot, head, chin, etc. to be used to access computer, AAC device, and/or environmental controls.
- Bookshare – subscription reading service for individuals who are print impaired. Includes over 60,000 titles including best sellers and textbooks.
- SofType – on screen keyboard with work prediction and can be used with a switch or hands free access system.
- Tracker – hands free access system uses a camera on the monitor and a Teflon dot on the user to guide the pointer on screen.
- HeadMouse – hands free access system uses a camera mounted on the monitor and a Teflon dot on the user to guide the pointer on the screen.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking – continuous speech recognition program allows the user to speak into a microphone to dictate and navigate the computer hands free.
- Mac Speech – continuous speech recognition program allows the user of an Apple Mac computer to speak into a microphone to dictate and navigate the computer.
- Word Q & Speak Q – software for reading, writing, and learning with speech recognition.
- Cyberlink hardware and Brainfingers software – uses facial movements and brainwaves for a person to access a computer totally hands free.
- Evoluent Vertical Mouse – ergonomic mouse
- MagicTouch touch screen monitor – allows the user to use their finger, instead of a mouse, to access the computer.
- Joystick Roller II – mouse alternative similar to the joystick used to control a power wheelchair. Can change to T-bar or tennis ball for someone with contractures.
- Kensington Programmable Trackball – stationary mouse alternative for persons with limited mobility.
- REACH On-Screen Keyboard with word prediction and speech output
- Scan Buddy – allows the user to perform computer operation using switch scanning
- Discovery Desktop – Customizable Windows desktop
- WYNN – Literacy Support program
- Intellikeys keyboard – alternative keyboard which meets needs of individuals with physical, visual, and cognitive challenges
- Intellitools Classroom Suite – Pre-authored overlays and curriculum to help a wide range of learners using Intellikeys keyboard
- MagicTouch touch screed computer monitor – allows the user to use direct select (finger) instead of a mouse to access the computer.
- Reading Pen – scan words the reader is unfamiliar with to hear the word, get definition, and translations.
- iPad with Proloquo2go
- iPad with Sat It Sam
- Conversa from Words + (temporary loan through 5/26/11)
- Prentke Romich products
- Dynavox Products
- Dynwrite V Max
- Dynavox V Max w/Eye Max
- Erica 2
- Assistive Technology, Inc.
- Enabling Devices
- Cheap Talk 4 Communicator
Director of ELTT Program
Ability Connection Texas, 8802 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75235
Phone # 214-247-4539